“I want to make sure your technology is ready to go for this session. Someone may have gone over a list of technical questions when you registered. I'm going to quickly run through those again just to make sure I have the right information.”
Device and browser
- Are you using a computer or mobile phone during our session today?
- Mac or Windows?
- iOS or Android?
- What browser are you using today?
If not joined by Zoom already
- Do you have Zoom installed?
If on Zoom but can’t share screen
- SKIP TO Screen sharing SET UP
If assistive tech is being used
- Do you have a screen reader on this device?
- What kind of screen reader do you use?
- Are you wearing headphones today? If so, would it be possible for you to take them off and use your computer or mobile audio? I'm asking so that I can hear your screen reader during the session.
- How long have you been using it?
- Do you know your screen reader's speaking rate (verbosity setting)? High, medium, low?
- If high, be prepared to have them repeat anything that can't be heard or understood
- I may need to pause you at times and ask you what you're hearing if I can't make out what's being read.
- Are you using a screen magnifier today?
- Are there any other assistive technologies that you use?
If low vision, the participant may require captions which need to be turned on in advanced settings